One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Is this child dehydrated?.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2746-2754
- Diagnosing clinically significant dehydration in children with acute gastroenteritis using noninvasive methods: a meta-analysis.J Pediatr. 2015; 166 ([e1-6]): 908-916
- Use of ultrasound measurement of the inferior vena cava diameter as an objective tool in the assessment of children with clinical dehydration.Acad Emerg Med. 2007; 14: 841-845
- Sonographic inferior vena cava/aorta diameter index, a new approach to the body fluid status assessment in children and young adults in emergency ultrasound--preliminary study.Am J Emerg Med. 2008; 26: 320-325
- Use of bedside ultrasound to assess degree of dehydration in children with gastroenteritis.Acad Emerg Med. 2010; 17: 1042-1047
- Inferior vena cava distensibility as a predictor of fluid responsiveness in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage.Neurocrit Care. 2010; 13: 3-9
- Ultrasound assessment of severe dehydration in children with diarrhea and vomiting.Acad Emerg Med. 2010; 17: 1035-1041
- Accuracy of inferior vena cava ultrasound for predicting dehydration in children with acute diarrhea in resource-limited settings.PLoS One. 2016; 11
- The BUDDY (bedside ultrasound to detect dehydration in youth) study.Crit Ultrasound J. 2014; 6: 15
- Does bedside sonographic measurement of the inferior vena cava diameter correlate with central venous pressure in the assessment of intravascular volume in children?.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2013; 29: 337-341
- Validity and reliability of clinical signs in the diagnosis of dehydration in children.Pediatrics. 1997; 99E6
- Development of a clinical dehydration scale for use in children between 1 and 36 months of age.J Pediatr. 2004; 145: 201-207
- Evaluation of a clinical dehydration scale in children requiring intravenous rehydration.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e1211-e1219
☆Funding source: This study was supported, in part, by Seoul National University Bundang Hospital (Grant 14-2014-039).
☆☆Financial disclosure: All authors have nothing to disclose.
★Conflict of interest: All authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.